- c.£50,000 - £60,000 + bonus + other benefits
Our client is a fast paced and dynamic debt financing firm that have grown significantly in the last five years. They are continuously growing and are aiming to double their headcount in the next few years.
As part of their growth, they are now looking to add a financial modeller to assist their deals team. The role is key in supporting the deals team and senior members of staff in making key financial decisions and in strategic planning.
The core responsibility of this role will be to appraise the financial viability of new deal opportunities proposed for the business in a commercial and technically accurate way.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Financial modelling and performance anaylsis for the assessment of new investment opportunities;
- Reviewing debt structures using financial models and a variety of analytical tools to test assumptions and sensitives;
- Providing detailed deal specific financial analysis in support of transaction recommendations to board meetings;
- Preparing integrated P&L balance sheet and cash flow models for each transaction; and
- Business partnering with all key departments of the business including Investor Relations and Finance.
Professional work experience in debt/credit or the investment management industry is preferable, but those with the interest and drive to succeed in the sector will be considered. You must also:
- be a fully qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, CA, ICAS etc.);
- be able to confidently build models from scratch;
- be someone who enjoys taking the initiative and be commercially astute;
- have advanced Excel modelling skills;
- have strong analytical skills, comprehension and creative problem-solving skills;
- have strong communication skills, written and verbal;
- be determined and show resilience to drive business goals;
- be committed to building and developing relationships across the team and the business, but also able to work autonomously; and
- have the ability to work to tight deadlines/under pressure with limited supervision.
You must have right to work in the UK permanently without sponsorship.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Maxine Nhin: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MN50055.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.