- £50,000 - £55,000 base + package + benefits
Our client is a reputable private equity firm, focusing on small-cap investments. The firm is seeking to hire a Fund Accountant to work across their live funds, reporting directly to their Senior Finance Manager.
The Fund Accountant will be assisting with a broad range of duties, primarily working on the live funds and the fund due to be raised next year. The core responsibility will be to take control over the day to day fund administration and accounting, including:
- investor capital calls and distributions;
- investment drawdowns and distributions;
- quarterly and annual financial statements and investor reports;
- fund investment valuations;
- production of SPV consolidated financial statements;
- assisting the IR team with data requests; and
- maintaining relationships with external service providers (auditors, tax, banks).
The successful candidate will:
- be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent);
- be able to express a strong interest in fund accounting and the private equity industry;
- have technical accounting knowledge and full understanding of the relevant accounting standards;
- be able to demonstrate a good team ethic; and
- have a methodical approach to working, particularly when meeting deadlines and maintaining efficient work levels.
Fund accounting experience in the private equity sector or auditing private equity clients is desirable.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Maxine Nhin: email@example.com quoting reference MN50225.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.