- £50,000 - £60,000 base salary + bonus + benefits
Our client is a global asset manager looking to recruit into their private equity arm. The firm is looking for a Fund Accountant as part of their growth to assist two senior Fund Controllers and work directly with the CFO.
The core responsibility of this hire will be to support the team in fund accounting operations whilst they prepare and raise their next fund.
Typical duties include:
- reviewing fund drawdown and distribution notices to LPs;
- preparing carried interest and management fee calculations;
- supporting the detailed review of quarterly and annual fund and SPV accounts prepared by external administrators;
- working with fund controllers to maintain accurate weekly credit facility and currency hedging data;
- maintaining gross and net performance models;
- cash flow forecasting, liquidity and treasury work;
- assisting with international reporting;
- addressing internal and external stakeholder queries promptly and efficiently; and,
- implementing improvements in the financial reporting process.
Candidates must be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and ideally have a bachelor's degree.
Candidates must also understand / be able to explain the workings of a private equity business and demonstrate a clear desire to work in the industry. Experience of preparing and reviewing financial statements from working papers, source books and records is essential.
Backgrounds of candidates likely to be considered include:
- trained from a small or medium sized practice firm;
- trained in a fund administrator; or
- trained within a private equity firm or alternative assets fund.
The appropriate candidate will have a proven ability to cope with multiple tasks and produce accurate work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Maxine Nhin: email@example.com quoting reference MN50414.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.