- £65,000 - £80,000 base + bonus + benefits
Our client is a multi-strategy investment firm looking to hire a Fund Controller to take responsibility for their equity funds. The role reports into a Divisional FD.
Fund accounting is prepared externally by administrators, allowing this role to focus on board reporting, investor reporting, supervising administrators and providing investment support.
- review and manage the quarterly and annual accounts produced by external administrators;
- contribute to the preparation of investor reports for LP funds;
- co-ordinate AGMs and bi annual advisory boards for funds including the preparation of slides and reports;
- respond to investor queries;
- support the launch of new LP funds and other initiatives in the division;
- review complex forecast models produced for tax compliance monitoring;
- review NAV forecasts for board meetings;
- review management fee forecasts for board reporting;
- work closely with the portfolio management team to produce six monthly valuations for investee companies;
- liaise with New Investments and Portfolio Management teams and lawyers with regards to new unquoted investments and realisations;
- maintain IRR models for the LP funds (actual and forecast);
- create and update fund income models;
- responsible for cash flow forecasting;
- supervise the drawdowns and repayments from and to Institutional investors by administrators;
- work with internal teams to produce management information on portfolio companies to assist with managing the investments; and
- maintain regulatory data including the preparation of FCA returns for the funds.
- Fully ACA qualified (or equivalent)
- Strong Academics - First time passes on accounting exams/ Degree educated with at least a 2.1
- Strong aptitude for numbers
- Strong IT skills – Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent attention to detail combined with strong organisational and time management skills
- Efficient, reliable and thorough approach
- Drive and initiative – the desire to add value, proactive approach
- Fast paced – ability to work on a variety of tasks with tight deadlines
- Commitment to the business and the team – the ability to contribute over and above the job alone
- Strong intellect - the ability to analyse and distil information quickly and effectively
- Able to communicate effectively and adapt to anyone within the broader team
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Maxine Mhin: firstname.lastname@example.org reference MN50525.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.