Group Financial Controller
Listed Media group
- Central London
- c£160k - £170k + bonus, benefits, LTIP
Our client is a fast growing specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy. Due to an internal move, we are now seeking to recruit a first class and highly experienced qualified accountant to join the London team.
Having experienced strong financial performance since IPO and very active in M&A notably in the USA, the business is poised for the next stage in its development. The finance team will embark on a thorough review of its function in 2019 and the role will play a key role in the design and implementation of a new operating model for finance. For an experienced and ambitious Group Financial Controller, this represents a unique opportunity to develop your career in what is a highly visible role working alongside a talented, strategic and highly focused Executive team and Board of Directors.
- PLC reporting and governance
- External reporting for H1 and FY including lead on external audit and authorship of the Annual Report.
- Management of Audit Committee reporting (5x pa) and production of comprehensive and timely papers
- Ownership of accounting policies including authorship of policies manual and implementation of new IFRS across the group
- Setting the standards of internal financial control across the Group, including establishment of robust controls self-assessment process against a pre-determined minimum standard
- Contributor to the Group’s overall risk processes including authorship of relevant sections of annual report
- Monthly balance sheet reviews and spot checks across the business driving improvements in controls and general balance sheet hygiene
- Establish a community of financial controllers across the group to drive efficiency and best practice
- Taxation – line management of tax function including compliance, complex high value US loss planning, transfer pricing, VAT compliance, international tax, complex tax accounting.
- Line management of the outsourced Shared Services functions covering Procure to Pay and Close to Consolidate transactional activities and insourced overseas regional finance hubs.
- Drive efficiency whilst securing strong control environment and risk management in the financial processes of the Group Finance transformation
- Be part of the core executive team in charge of an ambitious finance transformation programme aiming to improve efficiency, compliance & control and the quality of finance outcomes (notably business insight) through a thorough review of technology, process and people.
- The programme will also deliver clearer career path and development opportunities to the finance team.
Overall, the role has 4 direct and 47 indirect reports.
We are looking for a qualified accountant (preferably Big 4 ACA) with sound technical accounting skills. You will have gained experience in the group function, or had regional/divisional controllership, of a listed business and ideally had some responsibility for a finance transformation process, although this is not essential. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong cost control experience, including tight working capital and treasury management, and have managed a large team. It is essential you have a ‘can do’ attitude, are hands-on and willing to get involved in the detail.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.