- £24000 - £27000
Our client is a global specialist in currency exchange and international payments who are currently looking for an efficient and hard working Accounts Assistant to join their finance team. The successful candidate will ideally have a good knowledge of reconciliations within the foreign exchange market as well as being able to work efficiently under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- To ensure that reconciliations between the trading systems, bank statements and the general ledger are completed on a timely basis and to a high standard.
- Carry out daily reports and tasks for Retail and ATM.
- To assist the Retail Management Accountant in month end and ad hoc work.
- To provide general support and assistance to other members of the Finance Team as required ensuring its responsibilities to the business are fulfilled.
- Knowledge and previous experience of reconciliations.
- Experience of working within a financial services or foreign exchange environment is desirable but not essential.
- Good Excel skills
- SUN General Ledger knowledge is desired.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good financial acumen with the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/APPLY FOR THIS ROLE