Temporary Management Accountant
Venture Capital Firm
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £250 - £300 per day
Our client, a leading tech-focused venture capital firm, is looking for a temporary Management Accountant for an initial six months assignment. The successful candidate is likely to be at the final stages of their studies, or recently qualified and have previous management accounting experience. Reporting into the Financial Controller, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading firm within its industry in a fast-paced environment.
- Preparation of monthly management reporting.
- Preparation of year-end audited financial statements.
- Preparation of quarterly FCA accounts.
- Weekly and monthly cash flow forecasting.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Liaising with the auditors.
- Monthly payroll preparation and journals.
- Annual tax computation.
- Preparation of capital gains tax for the General Partners.
- Preparation of profit share schedules
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Annual US tax schedules.
- Preparing General Partner quarterly capital calls
- Managing ad-hoc Partner requests.
- Dealing with HMRC queries/forms.
- Ad hoc reporting for Financial Controller regarding the preparation of the annual budgets and forecasts.
- Finalist / newly-qualified Accountant.
- Previous experience in preparing management accounts.
- Excellent system skills including Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly analytical: excels at pattern recognition and data/numerical analysis.
- Team player: open and honest: builds trust and respect.
- Independent and flexible in working style: thrives in a non-corporate, entrepreneurial team.
- Excellent degree from a top-tier university.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NB51902.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.