Interim Strategy Analyst / Corporate Development
- £450 per day
An opportunity exists for a qualified accountant with a Transactional Services / Corporate finance background to join a global, multi-billion pound revenue organisation based in Kent. The successful candidate will be joining a team of high-calibre, high performing individuals and will quickly become exposed to senior members of the Group Executive. This role focuses on the key external drivers of the business, ensuring that the organisation meets and responds to the ever-changing environment in which it operates. As part of their annual strategy process, the post holder will be supporting with data analysis, modelling, and competitor research. The role is initially for a period of 6 months but may be extended.
- Market research, intelligence gathering and continuous monitoring of
- Macroeconomics and construction industry trends
- Clients and sectors
- Significant events of relevance to the business
- Analysis of key external business drivers including competitor benchmarking, market sizing, market growth, pricing trends and M&A activity in the industry
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Preparation of formal written reports to allow presentation of findings to senior executives
- Monitoring the implementation of strategic priorities and actions by senior executives
- Strategy conference planning and organisation
- Supporting the Strategy Committee in the implementation of the group strategy
- Qualified Accountant with 2-4yrs PQE preferred
- Background in Transaction Services, M&A advisory, banking or consulting who is seeking a first move into industry, or someone already operating in similar role within a corporate.
- Highly numerate and financially literate
- High performing individual with strong analytical skills, commercial acumen and the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Strong report writing and presentational skills
- Ability to undertake proactive research and analysis with little guidance
- Experience in financial modelling and valuations (eg, comparable company analysis, DCF)
- Highly competent with MS Excel, Word and Power point.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.comAPPLY FOR THIS ROLE