- Temporary & Contract
- £45,000 - £50,000 + benefits
Our client, a global business services organisation, is looking to recruit a Financial Analyst for an initial 12 month contract. The successful individual will be responsible for providing relevant analysis to improve the quality of decisions, while ensuring that all financial processes are completed effectively and in a timely manner. This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a high profile team within commercial finance and work closely with various stakeholders across the business.
- Prepare and present timely, monthly management information.
- Provide grant and cost analysis as required.
- Review and analyse financial information of high value grants made to high risk institutions.
- Manage and assist with the annual budget and quarterly forecast process, and ensure that all expenditure is robustly reviewed and challenged.
- Support the organisation to develop quality operational plans to deliver on department goals.
- Challenge the organisation to operate in an efficient and cost effective manner – produce metrics and analysis to support this goal.
- Communicate financial controls, reporting requirements and their benefits to non-financial audiences.
- Support the organisation to develop robust project plans, with suitable budgets, milestones and deliverables: pull together in good quality business cases.
- Undertake financial due diligence.
- Review, analyse and challenge grant holder budget applications and models.
- Ensure robust financial governance and controls for new entities.
- Monitor and evaluate risk associated with existing awards, and propose mitigation actions where required.
- Provide full financial service – including accounting, analysis and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, for relevant entities within the remit of the role.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statutory and tax reconciliations and reports.
- Ensure the financial interactions between the trading and charitable activities are efficient and comply with legal and tax requirements.
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA,ACCA) or qualified by experience.
- Experience of working in a core accounting role, specifically month-end orientated.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Self-starter and fully motivated to manage own workload with focus on delivery.
- Solid systems ability.
- Advanced Excel skills and intermediate Word skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of using Agresso and TM1 beneficial.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBO50280.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.