Interim Group Financial Controller - FTC
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £70,000 - £80,000 depending on experience
Our Client, a leading European private equity firm is looking for an interim Financial Controller to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate will report to the CFO and have previous experience of preparing group accounts and Board reports. This is likely to be a 9-12 month assignment starting in the next few weeks.
- Production of financial statements for UK companies, including supporting audit schedules, working closely with the companies' auditors to ensure accounts are signed on time.
- Preparation of group consolidations and of quarterly management accounts for the Board, comprising 13 main UK entities and 3 overseas operations.
- Production of UK corporation tax computations.
- Production of UK VAT return.
- Responsibility for the accounting and reporting of the firm’s own investments, including reconciliation of group co-investment and additional holdings, including acquisitions, disposals and valuation of co-investments.
- Responsible for annual budgets and providing information for the Long Term Forecast.
- Treasury management - oversight of cashbooks, weekly cash reporting and ensuring suitable liquidity is available.
- Maintenance of the firm’s banking requirements.
- Liaise with Compliance Officer over compliance testing and other requirements for ongoing regulatory compliance program and various FCA filings.
- Manage an accounts assistant, managing their workload, setting objectives, reviewing their work and dealing with personnel issues as they arise.
- Other ad hoc duties/projects as required.
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified (typically 5 years +)
- Experience working at Financial Controller level
- Financial Services / Asset Management experience desirable, but not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO50456. Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.