Interim Chief Financial Officer
FTSE 100 Insurance Business
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- Six figure salary + benefits
Our Client, a FTSE 100 insurance business is looking for an interim CFO to cover whilst they undertake a permanent search. The successful candidate will act as a strategic and commercial partner to the CEO and sit on the leadership team as well as take responsibility for managing the balance sheet, capital and liquidity of the legal entity. This will be a twelve month fixed term contract starting asap.
- Work closely with the Group CEO and Group CFO to manage the regulatory and balance sheet, capital and liquidity aspects of the legal entity.
- Working closely with the Group CEO, this role will be helping to steer and deliver the strategy to ensure profitability and sustainable growth over the long term.
- As a member of the Finance Leadership Group, actively participate in group-wide finance projects, in particular the Finance Transformation Programme.
- The role will manage a team c35 finance and pricing professionals as well as a team of reporting specialists.
- Responsible for the development of the business plan including loss ratios, planning, expense allocations and capital allocations.
- Provide commercial insight and leadership to portfolio management and pricing.
- Manage the production of the annual business plan/budget and quarterly reforecast process for the division.
External Financial and Regulatory reporting
- Act as a focal point for the reporting relationship.
- Responsible for the production of all financial and regulatory filings, ensuring that submissions are produced to a high quality, with appropriate analysis to allow sufficient time for review and sign-off by relevant governance committees.
- Responsible for the production of statutory accounts.
Business Unit Reporting
- Lead the production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial information required for each business unit.
- This information will be delivered on timely basis as required, fully reconciled to underlying systems together with insightful analysis to enable BU CFOs to understand their results.
Financial, Pricing and Exposure Management
- Lead the review and oversight of the monthly management accounts and MI for the business and use this information to prioritise actions and drive business performance.
- Drive a pricing strategy, ensuring a robust and joined up process with other teams.
- Responsible for timely, insightful and relevant BU financial data to Group and the BU leadership team.
- Manage expense process in order to remain with agreed budget
Reporting & Governance
- Responsible for ensuring the risk management framework is embedded and operational for the BU.
- The role will be responsible for ensuring that there is robust control in place over all reporting from the team and that this is clearly evidenced.
- The role must establish an environment where continuous process and control improvement is sought and is key focus of all team members.
- An experienced financial professional with an accountancy qualification and strong technical track record of reporting within a regulated environment.
- Previous experience within the insurance industry a distinct advantage.
- A builder and leader of individuals and teams – highly skilled at motivating, developing and challenging others to get the best out of them.
- A highly organised and efficient process manager, with the ability to combine the skills of planning and structure without been seen as bureaucratic.
- Recent and first-hand experience of working closely with a regulated body and managing the relationship on behalf of the organisation.
- An open and communicative style with the ability to translate complex subject matter expertise to senior colleagues with clarity.
- Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success.
- Open to change and driving continuous improvement in timeliness, accuracy and controllership through the core activities under their control.
- Strong strategic planning skills – the ability to put financial and risk decisions into the context of the short, medium and long term business needs.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO50544.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.