Fund Accountant / Analyst
Alternative Asset Manager
- Temporary & Contract
- £60,000 - £65,000 Temp to Perm
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly acquisitive alternative asset manager as an integral part of the Finance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for all reporting requirements, including statutory and board pack presentation along with forecasting and assisting the portfolio team with analysis of the new investment portfolio. This is a temporary to permanent opportunity starting in the next few weeks.
- Working closely with the portfolio team to produce quarterly valuations packs of investee companies for review and approval.
- Collecting monthly data from investee companies / assisting in the development of a data collection tool.
- Coordinating and producing quarterly fund review packs.
- Creating and updating fund income models ensuring that they are in line with the legal agreements.
- Liaising with the CFOs or FDs of underlying portfolio companies on a regular basis to ensure alignment of income models.
- Maintaining 80% test forecast model for compliance monitoring.
- Maintaining NAV forecasts for board information.
- Providing management fee forecasts for plc board reporting.
- Cash forecasting and liquidity management.
- Preparing and reviewing statutory reporting (annual report and accounts, half yearly report and accounts, quarterly fact sheets).
- Liaising with the auditors regarding the audit of the annual/half yearly accounts.
- Coordinating and preparing quarterly board packs, including review of underlying financial data.
- Reviewing internal and external reporting for equity funds (monthly factsheets and presentations).
- Annual General Meeting slide preparation.
Other, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining regulatory data, including the preparation of FCA returns for the funds.
Skills & Experience:
- Newly qualified/1-2 years PQE.
- ACA (or equivalent) with first time passes.
- Degree educated (First or 2:1).
- Strong academics.
- Strong IT skills – Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail combined with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Be efficient, reliable and thorough.
- Drive and initiative – the desire to add value, proactive approach.
- Fast-paced – ability to work on a variety of tasks with tight deadlines.
- Commitment to the business and the team – the ability to contribute over and above the job alone.
- Strong intellect - the ability to analyse and distil information quickly and effectively.
- Able to communicate effectively and adapt to anyone within the broader team.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBO51079.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.