High Growth Education Group
- Temporary & Contract
- £135 - £150 per day depending on experience
Our client, a fast-growing leading education group is looking for an experienced Credit Controller to take responsibility for all aspects of credit control across four sites as part of a shared services centre. The successful candidate will enjoy adding value through improving systems and processes and will be able to work in an evolving and changing environment whilst dealing with a variety of individuals on a daily basis. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is an excellent opportunity to support the business during its next stage of development and work as part of a dynamic team. This position requires an immediate start and has strong potential to lead to a permanent opportunity.
- Achieve high volumes of daily credit control, documenting call activity, promised payments and instalments.
- To identify root causes for slow settlement and report back to the Business Manager and Financial Controller.
- Assist in replying to queries and correspondence with parents in a shared Finance mailbox.
- Provide speedy solutions for document requests - including copies of invoices/statements.
- Daily reconciliation of customer ledgers.
- Submit weekly debtor reports to Financial Controller, to be reported to the Group.
- Work closely with the Admissions team to ensure correct contact information is held (emails, phone numbers) to allow for chasing payments.
- Liaise with external auditors on debtor queries.
- General admin tasks as opening the post daily, banking cheques or cash, filing and some other ad hoc tasks as requested by the Financial Controller.
- Demonstrable experience in a credit control environment (essential).
- JDE experience (highly desirable) otherwise strong financial system experience where workflow approvals were used.
- B2C experience ideal.
- Fully proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate with customers and staff at all levels of the organisation (essential) with excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A self-starter with the drive, determination and commitment to get things done.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
- Organised - able to plan and prioritise.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBO51269.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.