SaaS Revenue Recognition Analyst
High growth SaaS company
- £32,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic, entrepreneurial tech business based in central London. Due to the growth of the business, this is a newly created role to ensure the revenue is accurately reported in line with their established policies, processes and US GAAP/SOX regulations. The successful candidate will be studying towards an accounting qualification with previous revenue recognition experience within a SaaS environment.
- Responsible for revenue, accounts receivables transactions and reporting.
- Review various reports to verify the accuracy of revenue for all revenue streams, which include consulting, licenses/subscriptions and web-based products.
- Review engagements for the application of accurate revenue recognition principles and escalate when necessary.
- Lead monthly meetings with Sales and Operations to review engagements and ensure accurate revenue recognition.
- Evaluate and escalate revenue issues as identified.
- Approve credit memos after reviewing for impact to revenue and bad debt considerations.
- Work with external auditors.
- Participate in projects around process improvement.
- Other ad hoc tasks.
- Studying towards a professional accounting qualification (ACCA / CIMA or equivalent) with at least 3 years of work experience.
- Previous experience working for a SaaS / tech business.
- Good communicator who is comfortable with stakeholders at all levels in the organisation.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of revenue accounting standards and to make well-reasoned and timely decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail, committed, bright, numerate and enthusiastic.
- Team player with a good work ethic who thrives in a multi-tasking, deadline driven environment.
- Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite would be helpful, but not essential.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO51294.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.