- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £40,000 - £48,000 depending on experience
Our client, a leading venture capital firm, is looking for a Fund Accountant to join their finance team in a newly-created role. Working in a team of ten and reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will have full responsibility for running the firm's Fund Accounting systems and will assist with quarterly investment valuations and reports for the partners.
- Preparation of quarterly fund financials.
- Preparation of year-end audited fund financial statements.
- Liaising with the auditors and assisting the Head of Finance in leading the funds’ audits.
- Perform quarter-end valuations for portfolio investments, assisting the Head of Finance.
- Quarterly and monthly reconciliations.
- Accounting for fund activities in Xero/Quickbooks /eFront (Accounting package), including investments, expenses, valuations, capital calls and distributions.
- Preparing fund reporting for the General Partners, assisting the Head of Finance.
- Creating capital calls.
- Setting up distributions.
- Producing workings for gain/loss on disposal.
- Producing investment worksheets.
- Dealing with LP queries in respect to fund activity (i.e. LP audit confirmations and tax queries).
- Maintenance of eFront, which includes fund investment information, LP investor information and quarterly fund activities.
- Finalist level (studying towards ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Previous experience gained in a fund administrator will be advantageous.
- Previous experience working in or with private equity or venture capital firms will be advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong systems skills.
- Experience using eFront or Investran is ideal.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO51419.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.