Financial Payroll Specialist
Leading Global Investment Firm
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London / Remote
- £275 - £300 per day
The successful candidate will become part of the European finance team of a leading global investment firm which manages investments across multiple asset classes. The individual will be responsible for the day-to-day processing, reporting, review and approval of payroll matters across a number of legal entities, working within a team of two payroll specialists. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years' payroll experience, and will have worked within a financial services/regulated environment or a large multinational firm, and will be familiar with the use of ADP.
- Prepare, process, and review where applicable the preparation of 7 UK employee payrolls and 7 LLP payrolls on a monthly basis.
- Prepare, process, and review where applicable 8 overseas payrolls (Spain, France, Luxembourg, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Sweden and Norway).
- Process a range of forms of compensation, including salary, bonus, RSU, carry, severance, loan interest, impatriation and foreign day reliefs, pensions and benefit in kind arrangements (inclusive of relocation packages).
- Upload monthly payroll data into the accounting system (SAP) and create payroll payments where required on banking platforms.
- Perform detailed monthly payroll reconciliations on payroll-associated balance sheet and P&L items.
- Work closely with all members of Finance and HR, external benefit providers and outsourced payroll providers.
- Prepare and own items such as the UK P11D, PSA, form 42, STBV, SA800, high earners FCA and DFSA regulatory reporting and salaried member rule calculations.
- Ensure that risk to the business is mitigated with regards to issues such as tax domiciliation, mobility, and other misc. tax topics as they arise, by keeping abreast of key developments and escalating where required.
- Support efforts by the business from a payroll perspective to promote mobility/internal staff transfers.
- Update compensation databases and audit schedules. Use advanced Excel formulas and functions to improve efficiencies.
- Assist the external auditors on deliverable testing across all European entities.
- Assist in monitoring and improving financial processes, controls and procedures.
- 10+ years of prior payroll experience, working within a financial services / regulated environment or large multinational.
- Detailed knowledge of and experience preparing and processing monthly payrolls across multiple geographical locations.
- Detailed knowledge of international factors such tax domiciliation issues, A1s, STT, FTWO, S690s, shadow payrolls/dual hatting and other mobility items; able to ensure that the Group remains compliant within these aspects of employment tax.
- Excellent Excel/IT skills.
- Previous experience uploading and understanding complex journals on general ledger/accounting systems.
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Champion of innovation, continuous improvement, and able to lead effective change.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO51485.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.