- Central London
- £30,000 - £38,000 depending on experience
Our client, a leading fund administrator based in central London, is looking for a bright and motivated graduate with strong academics to join their Finance team. This is a newly-created role supporting a team of qualified Accountants and the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for all aspects of day-to-day accounting for one or more assigned structures.
- Take ownership of bookkeeping transactions and maintenance of accounting records for multiple client entities.
- Prepare timely and accurate accounting output for subsequent review by senior members of the team.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly management account reconciliations, correcting any variances.
- Prepare interim and annual accounts in line with appropriate accounting standards.
- Liaise and respond to client queries, ensuring that client and third party requests are dealt with appropriately.
- Support payment processing in accordance with policy and strict deadlines.
- Escalate any identified issues or concerns appropriately.
- Prepare routine and adhoc management reports.
- Strong academic background (minimum of B in Maths and English at GSCE and ABB at A Levels or equivalent).
- Degree qualified 2:1 or higher.
- Looking to study/studying ACCA or ACA.
- Experience of funds and financial services legislation and regulations will be a distinct advantage.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Proactive and self-motivated with strong communication skills.
- Able to work independently, under pressure and to deadlines.
- Experience of using Sage, Investran or Yardi systems is desirable.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBO51495.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.