Senior Group Financial Accountant
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £400 - £425 per day depending on experience
Our client, a leading international education group, is to recruit a Senior Group Financial Accountant into its Group Finance team, focused on expanding financial reporting requirements. The role will include liaison with senior stakeholders within Group Finance, UK and overseas finance teams. This role is within a small, busy Head Office team where demands vary from day to day, so flexibility in working practices and the ability to react to a variety of ad-hoc situations, either as part of a team or under your own initiative, are essential. The role is initially on a temporary basis (to December 2021) with a view for the role to become permanent in 2022.
- Review of month end Group submissions, including P&L, balance sheet, cashflow statement and KPIs.
- Review of year end reporting packages and supporting schedules, liaison with subsidiary finance teams to resolve any queries and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Preparation and review of annual group consolidated accounts in accordance with IFRS, including Notes to the Accounts and supporting files.
- Review of UK holding company subsidiary accounts in accordance with FRS 101.
- Review of overseas statutory accounts.
- Key point of contact for external auditors to ensure any issues are resolved on a timely basis and year end reporting deadlines are achieved.
- Development and maintenance of global finance manuals, including creation and maintenance of Group accounting and compliance policies, including training and support.
- Oversee subsidiary reconciliation processes and procedures to ensure consistency in adoption and reporting.
- Support further financial reporting enhancement projects as required.
- Ensure open communication between Head Office and local finance teams to ensure smooth month end and annual reporting and timely resolution of issues.
- Management of Group Financial Accountant.
Qualified Accountant (Big 4 ACA or overseas equivalent preferred) with 3 years' + PQE.
Experience working with, or for, a Group Finance function in a large, complex, global organisation.
PLC reporting experience.
Experience of working with Cognos Controller, TM1, IBM Planning Analytics or JD Edwards is an advantage.
Strong Excel skills and strong knowledge of IFRS technical accounting.
Ability to liaise and enforce compliance across large geographically and culturally disparate groups.
A proactive self-starter with the drive, determination and commitment to get things done.
Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines with the capacity to multi-task over several on-going projects.
Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing environment.
Well organised and conscientious, with good attention to detail.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBO51520.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.