Senior Associate, Corporate Finance
PE-Backed Business Services
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London / Remote
- £325 - £400 per day, depending on experience
An exciting opportunity exists for an in-house Senior Associate, Corporate Finance to join a PE-backed business for an initial 6-month term, with the potential to extend.
The successful candidate will provide buy and sell side transaction support as well as ad hoc analysis/support on implementing the firm's strategic growth plan.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills equipping them to deal with colleagues and other stakeholders (e.g. advisors) from different backgrounds, cultures and levels of seniority. You must have strong analytical and organisational/project management skills and the willingness to pitch in, take responsibility and work to tight deadlines across a flat team structure.
- Assist in deal management/support services including:
- Helping to prepare the Board/executive update packs.
- Data room management.
- Deal material review.
- Assist in due diligence, including financial analysis and other ad hoc transaction-related projects.
- Work alongside the Group Finance team to shape financial information and assist buy/sell-side cases.
- Ad-hoc transaction-related requests from senior management.
- Degree educated with a professional accountancy qualification e.g. ACA, CPA or equivalent.
- Experience analysing financial statements.
- Experience working in a ‘big 4’ or top 10 professional services firm within transaction services or corporate finance.
- Appreciation of investment themes and key topics, and likely content expected for C-suite level summary investment papers.
- Demonstrable knowledge of experience relation to M&A, including working knowledge of prep, management and interrogation of data rooms.
- Well-developed understanding of the Microsoft Office suite with advanced expertise with Excel and Powerpoint.
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Comfortable working directly with senior stakeholders.
- Willingness and drive to learn.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBO51851.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.