Group Reporting Accountant - FTC
- Temporary & Contract
- £60,000 - £65,000 + benefits pro rata
Our client, a global business services group is seeking a Group Reporting Accountant to assist over year-end. Starting in early November, the successful candidate will be a qualified accountant and have experience of working in multi-currency, international group headquarters. This is a five-month contract with a strong likelihood of being extended further.
- Assist in the data collection, consolidation and preparation of the monthly management accounts and provide management commentary and analysis of the results.
- Assist in the production of the year-end group financial statements and individual company UK GAAP accounts from planning, data collection and consolidation through to the production of the group’s annual report including liaising with the external auditors, Tax, Treasury and Legal/Secretarial departments amongst others.
- Liaise with staff at all levels to ensure that data requested is received in accordance with group timetables.
- Create reports from the group’s consolidation system, Oracle’s Enterprise Performance Management (“EPM”), and work with the finance SAP and EPM teams to ensure data and process integrity.
- Assist in completing the monthly, quarterly and annual Office for National Statistics (ONS) returns.
- Assist in ad-hoc projects in order to provide analysis and improve the quality and timeliness of group reporting.
- Provide support to the Group Head of Reporting, Group Financial Controller and Group Finance Director in producing ad-hoc financial information as required.
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or equivalent) circa 2 years' PQE.
- Experience of working in a multi-currency, international group headquarters environment or within a large accounting practice with exposure to group statutory reporting.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, conscientious, well organised and with great attention to detail.
- Excellent MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) skills required. Experience of working with group consolidation systems such as EPM would be a distinct advantage.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Good technical accounting knowledge (IFRS and UK GAAP).
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO51875.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.