- London (City)
- £38,000 - £45,000, depending on experience
Our Client, a PE-backed luxury retailer, is looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to support the Financial Controller. Working as part of a small but very busy team, the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing monthly management accounts and annual financial accounts as well as assisting with the annual audit. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing organisation and work with multiple stakeholders. There will be a mix of office/remote working.
- Ensure the accuracy of the general ledgers for month-end.
- Review aged creditors, weekly payment runs, and reconciliation.
- Reconciliation of account receivables with the Sales Support teams.
- Intercompany reconciliations for all entities of the group.
- Balance sheet reconciliation: accruals, prepayment, payroll, VAT, fixed asset at month-end
- Review trial balance for all entities of the group and upload in the reporting system.
- Business partnering with budget holders to ensure cost management is in place.
- Assist with group management accounts and monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Provide support for the annual accounts and deal with any audit queries.
- Work closely with the Group Financial Controller to improve systems and procedures.
- 5+ years' accounting experience in a medium/large company, multi-site operation.
- Strong knowledge of UK and IFRS accounting standards.
- Experience working with ERP accounting and reporting systems.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders internally and externally.
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities, learn quickly when facing new problems.
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; very bottom-line/detail-oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- French language will be advantageous.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO51883.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.