Temporary Management Accountant
PE Backed Tech Business
- Temporary & Contract
- London (City)
- £180 - £250 per day, depending on experience
Our client, a PE-backed technology business is looking for a Management Accountant to join the team in a newly-created role. The successful candidate will report to the Finance Manager and assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts for the group. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a high-profile team and is initially six months but highly likely to lead to something longer-term. Immediate start required.
- Balance sheet reconciliations for all control accounts such as deferred rent, other debtors and creditors.
- Payroll control account reconciliations across all jurisdictions (UK, US, Canada, Netherlands, Hong Kong and Australia).
- Review any outstanding items on the reconciliations and seek to rectify any issues.
- Process accruals with the support of the Assistant Management Accountant, ensuring that all accruals are posted in the correct business unit with the correct analysis dimensions.
- Produce account packs for review and provide commentary on various profit and loss and balance sheet movements during the month.
- Prepare VAT returns for UK entities for review and submission to HMRC.
- Collate and provide VAT information to the tax advisors in the Netherlands for quarterly filing.
- Collate and provide GST information to the tax advisors in Australia for the quarterly BAS return.
- Provide support to the Financial Reporting and Tax Accountant for the year end audit and any other tax related queries.
- Provide support on finance approvals for expenses in the expenses software.
- Provide support to the Assistant Management Accountant with vendor bills and purchase order processing if required.
- Assist with ad hoc project work as and when required.
- Prior experience in a similar role.
- Prior experience in process improvement within a finance function.
- Commercially minded and has the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Detail-orientated with strong maths skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP solutions preferred.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO519941.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.