Interim Funds Financial Controller
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London / Hybrid
- £90,000 - £95,000 + Benefits
Our client, a boutique European alternative credit manager, are seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join their Finance team on a 12-month maternity cover contract. Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will oversee the day to day operations of the funds as well as oversight of the external administrators.
- Produce the Funds' monthly shadow NAV and investor reports.
- Review quarterly financial statements and board packs prepared by the administrators.
- Review annual audited accounts and take ownership of the audit process.
- Maintain fund models and calculate fund performance metrics.
- Liaise with external fund administrators, bankers, advisers and others as required.
- Take ownership of cash flow forecasting, liquidity, hedging and treasury management.
- Collaborate with the deals team to manage settlement of new investors.
- Assist with queries from existing and potential investors.
- Undertake a variety of project work, to improve processes and assist in the growth of the Finance team.
- Take oversight of one Fund Accountant.
- Chartered Accountant with at least 4 years' PQE (or equivalent).
- Experience with closed ended funds, ideally from private debt or equity.
- Strong interest in asset management and private debt, with an inquisitive attitude.
- Strong Excel skills essential.
- Flexible and intelligent approach to working with competing deadlines desirable.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBO52065.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.