Interim Portfolio Finance Manager
Aviation & Travel
- Temporary & Contract
- £75,000 + Benefits + Flexible Working
Our client is a key organisation that oversees and regulates all aspects of its specialist area in the United Kingdom with key areas of responsibility that include overseeing the issue of key licenses, testing of equipment, and many other compulsory sector inspections. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the business on an 18-month fixed-term contract and manage your own portfolio of clients.
- We are looking for a commercial Finance Manager to join a busy department in a role that is primarily responsible for the analysis and monitoring of finances and relationship management of a portfolio of around 25 different external businesses, with a particular focus on airlines.
- You will be responsible for producing risk analysis for your portfolio of companies, including an evaluation of each company’s management, strategy, operations, and financial performance.
- You will also play a leading role in handling complex cases including companies in financial distress and leveraged buy-outs within your specific portfolio, making verbal and written presentations identifying key issues and making recommendations to the Senior Manager and the Supervisory Committee.
- The ideal candidate will be a graduate qualified Accountant, with previous public practice experience in either Transaction Services, Leveraged Finance, Lead Advisory, or Restructuring.
- An understanding of lending facilities and loan documentation, as well as knowledge and experience in accounting and economics; corporate finance; debt and equity financing; corporate restructuring; equity analysis; credit analysis; risk analysis; and strategic analysis, would all be desirable.
- You will need to be a proactive and creative thinker and be able to develop new methods of tackling issues raised by a dynamic and developing industry.
- Good communication and influencing skills and the ability to carry conviction with external partners and stakeholders at a high level will ensure success in this role.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business offering real diversity of role responsibility, future progression and a great work-life balance.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBO52097.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.