Technology / Software
- Temporary & Contract
- £30,000 - £35,000 pro rata depending on experience
Our client, a software development company, is looking for a Finance Assistant to cover a maternity leave. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will have previous accounts payable experience and enjoy improving systems and processes. Whilst this is initially a 3-6 month role, given the growth of the business, it is likely it could lead to something more permanent.
Accounts payable responsibilities, predominantly supplier invoice/credit note review and processing. Including but not limited to:
- Setting up new suppliers on the accounting system and maintenance thereof.
- Issuing of purchase orders following the authorisation procedure.
- Matching, checking, and coding invoices and inputting them onto the accounting system.
- Chasing credit notes where applicable
- Liaising with internal departments to confirm safe receipt of goods.
- Liaising with internal departments to obtain approval of purchase invoices.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Processing staff expenses.
- First point of contact for supplier queries.
- Dealing with general purchase ledger admin including filing.
- Performing bank and intercompany reconciliations.
- Documentation of finance processes and controls.
- Previous experience of working within an accounts payable role.
- Strong Excel skills and familiar with general ledger systems such as Dynamics.
- Excellent attention to detail and able to use initiative.
- Adaptable with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBO52286.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.