Sales Ledger Assistant
- £30,000 - £35,000 + benefits
Our client, a software development company, is looking for a Sales Ledger Assistant to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has accounts receivable and credit control experience to join a small but high-profile Finance team reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Accounts receivable responsibilities, predominantly customer invoice/credit note review and processing.
- Setting up new customers on the accounting system.
- Complete credit checks for each new customer.
- Raising invoices from sales orders and updating the sales CRM system.
- Raising and maintaining of repeating templates within the accounting system.
- Daily banking and allocation of cash (including setting up DD payments).
- Processing DD payment schedules (three times monthly).
- Proactively manage the collection of outstanding monies owed to the company, using telephone, letter, and email.
- Assist in resolving customer queries.
- Issuing customer statements and suspension notices.
- Updating the site database for on stop and termination account.
- Process customer refunds.
- Carry out bank and intercompany reconciliations.
- Proven to be self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience within a financial transactional process such as month-end close, AR and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ability to use their own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Manage own deadlines and workloads – communicate on a timely basis.
- Good team player and the ability to build relationships with the wider business.
- Adaptable with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBO52287.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.