Accounts Payable Analyst
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £180 - £250 per day depending on experience
Our client, a global investment management firm, is looking for an AP Analyst to join the team on a temporary basis. The successful candidate will be studying towards an accounting qualification, enjoy working in a high-volume, multi-currency environment and be keen to add value through process improvement.
- Ensure that invoices are coded, approved, and paid correctly.
- Monitor requisition and purchase order processes.
- Identify any AP-related issues and post journals to correct the same.
- Oversight of team communications with external suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure strong customer satisfaction and maintenance of strong working relationships.
- Supervise monthly closure of all European Accounts Payable modules, and completion of associated reconciliations.
- Maintain the books and records of EMEA corporate entities and any other relevant entities for monthly group reporting purposes under US GAAP and, separately, for local statutory reporting.
- Prepare statutory financial statements and audit packs under local GAAP, and support the external/internal audit process.
- Monitor and clear EMEA control accounts.
- Prepare monthly prepayment journals for UK operating entities.
- Prepare monthly supplier accrual journals.
- Adhoc project work.
- Accounting graduate (or similar) studying towards an accounting qualification.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years’ experience in similar sized function mainly with experience of the accounts payable function working within a Finance team preferred.
- Hands-on working knowledge of multi-currency accounting applications such as Oracle and banking platforms and process re-engineering.
- Good communication (oral and written), team player, organisation skills.
- Great attention to detail and accountability for delivery.
- Highly organised, goal-oriented, and solutions-focused.
- Ability to act autonomously when appropriate and know when to escalate matters.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO52310.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.