Interim Chief Financial Officer
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- Up to £150,000 pro rata depending on experience
Our client is a highly-successful entrepreneur who retains ownership of a number of operational companies and has a diversified property portfolio. The interim CFO will have fiscal oversight for the effective strategy and delivery of all finance activities across the Group relating to all property assets, personal affairs, property and operational businesses, and a charitable foundation.
Reporting to the Founder, the CFO is a key strategic leader who will put into place solid foundations that will contribute to the long-term development and success of the business. In addition, the successful candidate will manage the Finance team and act as a critical advisor to the founder and the executive team, providing counsel on all financial aspects, particularly in cash management, personal and corporate taxation, and corporate finance/property & property debt restructuring.
The opportunity should appeal to a highly commercial, legally astute, well-rounded individual with experience working in a family office/UHNW environment and ideally, with high-growth start-ups and SMEs, as well as a solid corporate background in finance. An immediate start is required with the intention that it will lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
Partner with the Founder and the Executive Team in developing and shaping financial strategy including areas of personal and corporate taxation, corporate finance and property debt restructuring, including existing debt facilities and refinancing options to support growth strategies across the company portfolio of businesses.
- Lead the financial planning and funding of the long-term and annual budget processes.
- Provide strategic and financial insight to the founder and the Executive Team using performance metrics and analysis to ensure informed decision-making and immediate action to improve underperformance where appropriate.
- Setting, monitoring and implementing commercial terms and practices around commercial deals, investments, and equity raises.
- Lead the allocation of capital investments and re-allocate resources to reflect strategic priorities and value for money return on investment.
- Maintain Group oversight of all commercial entities, including joint venture partners, to ensure strategic vision alignment.
- Accountable for ensuring the effective delivery of all finance activities, including financial reporting, corporate finance, property debt restructuring, tax, treasury, and procurement.
- Oversee, maintain and implement effective cash management.
- Maintain high quality, compliant and transparent financial control and reporting standards. Ensure that all statutory group accounts and reports are published to agreed timetables and in line with applicable accounting standards.
- Lead and empower the Finance team to ensure the quality delivery of service, measuring and reporting, and taking steps to improve relevant key performance metrics.
- Oversee and monitor individual performance of direct reports, inspiring and motivating those direct reports to increase performance.
- Ensure robust, documented controls, business continuity, governance, compliance, and corporate secretariat are in place.
- Provide robust management of investments at all times, advising the founder, the Finance team, and operational support to portfolio businesses.
- Manage the founder’s affairs and those of his family.
- Advise on personal and business tax seeking to find efficient approaches to ownership and management of the portfolio, always ensuring tax compliance.
- Demonstrates clear evidence of success as an experienced finance leader who has practiced in the area of personal and corporate tax.
- Ability to understand legalities in loan documents.
- Previous experience in private wealth and property and operational businesses is essential.
- Adept at managing numerous executive and Board stakeholders.
- Demonstrates ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and transformation proactively.
- Able to identify and develop strategic options and plans, to maximise growth and value.
- Demonstrate ability to operate under tight timescales, whilst managing numerous competing priorities.
- An accomplished and skilled negotiator with a demonstrable track record of leading complex and highly valuable commercial deals.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO52798
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.