- Central London
- £38,000 - £45,000 + benefits
Our client, a leading venture capital firm, is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join the business in a newly-created position which has come about as a result of the firm's continued growth. The successful candidate will report to the Finance Manager and have responsibility for maintaining accurate records of the management companies. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a varied role, is studying for an accounting qualification, and has previously used Xero.
Accounting responsibilities for the LLP and subsidiaries, including:
- Processing and reconciling accounts payable invoices.
- Reconciling company credit cards.
- Preparing expense reports.
- Carrying out bank reconciliations.
- Preparing month-end journals.
- Calculating and raising management fees.
- Setting up weekly payments.
- Assisting with company benefits renewals and updating with new joiners.
- Assisting with process improvements.
- Previous bookkeeping experience and experience of working with Xero.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organised, a team player who is able to be flexible in their approach.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Would suit someone who is systematic and methodical in their approach as well as being able to multi-task.
- Strong Excel skills.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO52842.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.