Family Office Foundation
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £110,000 - £120,000 depending on experience
Our client, a foundation for a large family office, is seeking a highly-skilled Finance Director to join as a key member of the management team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the charity, ensuring that financial records are accurate, budgets are adhered to, and financial and compliance requirements are met. They will work closely with the CFO and other senior managers to ensure that the charity meets its objectives. Ideally, this role will be temp to perm.
- Managing the day-to-day financial operations of the charity, ensuring that financial records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Preparing quarterly and annual financial reports, including managing the relationships with external auditors and other service providers.
- Developing and overseeing the annual budgeting process, ensuring that all income and expenditure is accurately forecasted and monitoring actual performance against budget.
- Developing and maintaining internal controls, policies, and procedures to minimize financial and compliance risk, including monitoring of expenses and cash flow and compliance with Charity Commission regulations.
- Managing the charity's accounting system and ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded and reported.
- Reviewing grant documentation and other contracts.
- Overseeing all employee-related costs and benefits.
- Supervising the Accounts team.
- Attending and contributing to the Board of Trustees and sub-committee meetings as required.
- A Chartered Accountant with at least 5 years of experience in financial management.
- Experience in the non-profit sector desirable.
- Proven track record of successful financial management, including experience developing and implementing financial strategies, managing budgets, and overseeing financial reporting and compliance.
- Strong understanding of non-profit accounting principles and Charities Commission regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other senior managers to achieve common goals.
- Experience with accounting software (SAGE) and expertise in MS Excel.
- If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for finance and a commitment to the non-profit sector, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring : email@example.com quoting reference NBO52851.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.