Head of Financial Control
Digital Media Brand
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £95,000 - £110,000 pro rata depending on experience
Our client, an award-winning digital media brand, is seeking an Interim Head of Financial Control for an initial nine-month assignment. The Head of Financial Control will provide accounting leadership and direction and be responsible for group reporting, controls, balance sheet governance and cash flow reporting. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the successful candidate will also be responsible for accounting for acquisitions and be involved with vendor due diligence. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Controller to join a highly acquisitive brand and has the strong possibility of being extended.
- Be the source of excellence for IFRS and FRS guidance, ensuring that accounting policies are robust, communicated and applied.
- Prepare accounting papers to support internal practices, and liaise with external auditors to ratify this.
- Develop, maintain, and further evolve a strong internal control and review framework and policy and procedural documentation.
- Manage balance sheet risks, opportunities and provisions, flagging impact on P&L where appropriate, and inputting to forecast/budget processes as appropriate.
- Achieve and sustain the highest quality in balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Support the balance sheet review process across the organisation.
- Strong focus on working capital and cashflow management reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare external reporting as required, including, but not limited to, monthly reporting.
- Drive monthly/quarterly/annual controllership reporting. Manage group consolidation reporting.
- Identify and communicate risks and opportunities in a timely fashion and making recommendations to mitigate.
- Manage the audit and relevant associated statutory reporting in a timely and accurate way.
- Anticipate, assess, and manage the impact of regulatory or accounting changes and make recommendations accordingly.
- Maintain a continual focus on accounting systems to ensure correct usage, maximisation of applications and ongoing reporting improvements.
- Build strong relationships with both internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Manage and develop the team.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with relevant post-qualified experience.
- Previous relevant experience working in a listed group.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present and explain complicated concepts to stakeholders.
- Track record of driving process and control improvements and implementing system changes.
- Comfortable with managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to see the big picture but also comfortable getting into the detail as required.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBO52967.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.