Global Media Group
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £300 - £325 a day depending on experience
Our client, a leading media and entertainment company, is seeking a Financial Accountant to join their Finance team for a 4-6 month assignment. The successful candidate will be recently qualified and responsible for managing the month-end close, assisting with corporate reporting, and business partnering with Commercial Finance.
- Manage overhead forecasting and spend, including compensation and benefits and consulting.
- Manage the monthly close process and review overheads comparing actuals against forecasted.
- Oversee monthly revenue recognition and unbilled entries.
- Oversee AR ledger management.
- Review quarterly reconciliations (equity investments/AR/deferred revenue/accruals).
- Analyse balance sheet accounts at month-end for balance sheet review.
- Responsible for resolving edit checks identified at the corporate level during month-end closes.
- Calculate and post-tax estimates on a quarterly basis.
- Work with the Tax team to support the reconciliation of tax balances.
Additional Finance Support
- Assist the Finance functions (FP&A and Commercial Finance) with relevant data analysis.
- Assist with Group analysis requests.
- Ad hoc data reports/requests/tasks.
- Recently qualified with an accredited professional finance qualification (ACA or equivalent);
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (US GAAP and FRS102);
- Exposure to a large multi-currency organisation;
- Excellent Excel skills and confident in the use of financial systems. SAP experience is beneficial, but not essential;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables;
- Highly motivated self-starter with a proactive attitude towards work coupled with the ability to use initiative and take ownership of all work;
- Demonstrated attention to detail with proven accuracy whilst working in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with management and other departments;
- Excellent English (written and spoken) language.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBO53015.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.