Finance and Accounting Assistant
Global Media Group
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £30,000 - £35,000
Our client, a leading media and entertainment company, is looking for a Finance and Accounting Assistant for a 12-month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will take responsibility for managing the main bank accounts, managing the end-to-end intercompany process, as well as taking ownership of cash allocation. This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate who completed a placement year within a Finance team or someone with relevant experience.
Cash & Bank
- Take ownership of cash allocation, ensuring accurate and timely allocation of cash receipts.
- Managing the main bank accounts, updating the bank reconciliation file, and reviewing monthly Blackline cash reconciliations.
- Reviewing the weekly cash flow prepared by the outsourced team for submission to the Central Treasury team and reporting on any variances that arise.
- Allocating cash flow to various titles on a weekly basis, including manual payments and FX transactions.
- Coordinating with the Production and Treasury teams regarding unknown payments and receipts.
- Clearing suspense accounts on a monthly basis, ensuring accurate financial records.
- Reconciling credit cards each month (maintain tracker and payments).
- Managing the end-to-end intercompany process, including analysing and recharging costs between intragroup companies.
- Reviewing incoming recharges for reasonableness and report discrepancies.
- Working with the Controllership team to ensure correct coding of intercompany recharges.
- Processing group intercompany charges in SAP.
- Coordinating with intercompany parties to resolve mismatches and reconcile accounts.
- Ensuring that regular recharge accounts are cleared down monthly.
- Initiating the settlement of outstanding balances and reporting cash flow issues periodically.
Additional Finance Support
- Assisting Finance functions (FP&A and Commercial Finance) with relevant data analysis.
- Assisting with Group analysis requests.
- Producing ad hoc data reports/requests/tasks.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent qualification;
- Excellent Excel skills and confidence in using financial systems. SAP experience is beneficial, but not essential;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables;
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a proactive attitude towards work coupled with the ability to use initiative and take ownership of all work;
- Demonstrated attention to detail with proven accuracy whilst working in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with management and other departments;
- Excellent English (written and spoken) language.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO53024.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.