Management & Portfolio Accountant
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £70,000 Pro Rata + Benefits
Our client, a leading venture capital firm, is looking for a Management & Portfolio Accountant to cover a maternity leave on the team. The successful candidate will work as part of a small and high-profile team in a very broad role and will have previous relevant experience. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work in a fast-paced and dynamic business.
- Quarterly portfolio reporting – corresponding with the portfolio companies to collate company data and ensure it is accurate and complete. Review data to understand trends/patterns and add summaries, taking into account commentary given by the Portfolio Managers and CFO. Preparing reports for Partners, summarising company performance.
- Timely maintenance of capitalisation tables showing ownership of the portfolio companies. Liaising with different teams within the firm to ensure the integrity of the information.
- Cash management for the UK entities, Lux SPVs and US funds. Working with the CFO to ensure that efficient capital calls are carried in conjunction with deal flow.
- Maintenance and updates of models and working with the CFO on distributions as and when they occur.
- Assist with the quarterly valuation of portfolio companies.
- Take responsibility for SPV and fund invoice management.
- Ad hoc portfolio analysis as required.
- Reviewing monthly management accounts and quarterly board reports for the UK group of companies. Performing detailed variance analyses and reviewing schedules prepared by the Assistant Management Accountant.
- Preparing the year-end statutory accounts, working with the Financial Controller on audit planning and to answer auditor queries.
- Reviewing/preparing and filing company returns (e.g. VAT, statistical returns).
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual budget and forecasting process.
- Preparing the periodic FCA filings for the management entity.
- Reviewing annual submissions of the P11D and PSA to HMRC.
- Reviewing credit card and personal expenses in Concur – in line with company expenses policy.
Providing backup of data to external tax advisors for preparing corporation tax returns.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) with previous experience in a similar accounting role covering corporate and portfolio/fund accounting.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience using systems such as Xero and Netsuite.
- Good working knowledge of UK corporate tax and VAT.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and structured but entrepreneurial environment where things can change quite rapidly.
- Self-sufficient and a self-starter, capable of making suggestions for improvements whilst also being someone who is not afraid to ask for guidance.
- Strong communicator.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO53060.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.