Accounts Payable Specialist
Real Estate Fund Manager
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £40,000 - £45,000, depending on experience
Our client, a global real estate fund manager, is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist for an initial six-month contract. The successful candidate will have previously worked in the property/real estate sector, have experience working across multi-currencies, and enjoy adding value through process improvement. The Accounts Payable Specialist will collaborate with the Financial Controller and wider European teams to streamline processes and implement best practice.
- Oversee the end-to-end Accounts Payable function across UK and European entities.
- Process invoices (high value / low volume) and payment approvals and manage relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in the processing of payments.
- Review and reconcile supplier statements, resolve discrepancies, and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Continually improve processes and implement best practices.
- Review invoice coding at a property management level; ensure that the coding is accurate and posted to the correct properties.
- Understand the different leases to ensure that service charge accounting is correct and accurate.
- Support the service charge reconciliation process across the different regions to ensure that the service charges are finalised promptly after year-end.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role within the property/real estate sector.
- Working knowledge of property management systems eg Yardi/MRI/Propman.
- Experience working across multiple currencies.
- Able to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: email@example.com quoting reference NBO53063.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.