- Temporary & Contract
- London, UK
- £60,000 - £65,000 + benefits
Our client, a leading property group is looking for a Financial Accountant to join the team in a newly created role. The successful candidate will be a recently qualified accountant, keen to own the financial statement process. Reporting to the Financial Controller and working as part of a high-profile team, the core responsibility will be managing the annual audit and interim control testing audit. This is initially a 12-16 month assignment with strong potential to lead to something permanent.
Responsibilities for the Financial Accountant include, but not restricted to:
Group Audit & Statutory Reporting
- Run the audit process from start to finish, this includes rolling over financial statement templates, being the central contact person for the external audit team on the interim control testing audit and the annual audit, developing and monitoring the reporting timetable and hosting weekly meetings with the external auditors to ensure the audit is running to schedule.
- Providing regular reporting of the tracker status to the Head of Finance and Financial Controller.
- Internal review of group and subsidiary accounts.
- Assisting in the preparation of corporation tax returns (training provided).
- Assisting in filing Corporation tax returns (training provided).
- Assisting in managing HMRC compliance correspondence.
Legal Entity Liquidations
- Work with the team to prepare dormant entities for liquidation.
- Work with 3rd party administrators to close dormant entities.
Ad Hoc & Project Work
- Assist with the documentation of processes and procedures and the development of accounting papers.
- Ad hoc quarterly reporting work as required.
- Qualified Accountant with financial reporting and audit experience.
- Experience in working across complex structures.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Excel.
- Able to develop and implement standardised processes and procedures.
- Disciplined and pays close attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure to ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience in managing conflicting priorities and working to strict deadlines.
- Experience with property management software is desirable.
To apply for this Financial Accounting role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Nikki Bowring: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NBO53162A.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.