Recently established London arm of a European Asset Manager
- £50,000 - £60,000 base + bonus + package
We're recruiting a Senior Accountant on behalf of a multi-strategy investment manager, who's recently expanded its operations into London. The role is a first time appointment for a finance person in London - as such the successful candidate has the potential to evolve into a Financial Controller role as the business continues to grow. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant with solid, fundamental accounting skills and the ability to work autonomously.
The appointee will undertake a broad role. Currently, the firm engage an external accountancy practice firm to cover most of the UK related finance work. Therefore, the successful candidate's role will be initially focussed on co-ordination and review from both a finance and tax standpoint. Over time, you will have the opportunity to in-source finance and, potentially, tax and to develop into the senior pillar for the UK finance function. If you're prepared to take on a role with a wide variety of tasks, including some more basic responsibilities, as you set up the function in London, the upside is that you'll be extremely well positioned for growth and development.
Examples of day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Reviewing the financial statement before submission to the Group;
- Managing the relationship with the external accounting practice firm and tax advisor;
- Overseeing the accounts payable processes;
- Preparing intercompany and bank reconciliations;
- Preparing journal entries to book in connection with the Group Accounting team (accruals etc.);
- Playing a lead role in the implementation of a new accounting system;
- Reviewing the VAT submission for the UK entities, prepared by the external tax advisor; and
- Liasing with the external accountancy practice regarding corporation tax.
The appointee must possess a relevant accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent). You will have either trained in a small to medium sized accountancy practice, where a significant component of the work has been focused on accounts preparation for smaller firms (as opposed to purely audit) or within the finance department of an SME firm in industry. A willingness to take on more fundamental tasks as well as the ability to operate at a high level and work closely with the business will be key.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: email@example.com quoting reference SK49932.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.