Chief Financial Officer
Leading European Debt Fund
- £150,000 - £200,000 base plus bonus and package.
We're representing a leading alternative investment fund seeking to appoint a Chief Financial Officer. The appointee will lead a portfolio & operations team and will be expected to provide key operational and commercial support to the business. The investment team are focused on European credit and real estate investments.
The successful candidate will be primarily focussed on four key areas: valuations, reporting and investment cash management; financing investments; provision of commercial finance support; and ensuring the team provide comprehensive operational support to the European business. Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and presentation of timely and accurate financial management information for Portfolio and Asset Managers on a regular and ad-hoc basis;
- Management of portfolio liquidity requirements including development of a reliable cash flow forecast, asset management fees, expense reimbursement and capital expenditure;
- Leading, coaching and developing a team of four and ensuring they provide excellent support;
- Working with the CFOs of owned corporates and servicers to develop more efficient and rigorous finance systems, processes and procedures;
- Arranging and monitoring finance with lenders, in collaboration with the investment team and in-house lawyer;
- Provision of commercial finance for decisions relating to owned corporates; and
- Challenge the commercial cost base to increase profitability.
Overall, the appointee can expect to enjoy a highly commercial remit in a fast moving environment. The business deals with a high level of transactions and the ability of the appointee to deliver commercial support to a high standard is crucial to the ongoing success & growth of the platform.
The appointee must be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) with experience operating at a Financial Director level. The appointee will save significant debt/credit sector experience - most likely gained within another debt fund or a debt related arm of a bank. We would also consider high quality candidates from a corporate background, providing they have had worked predominantly in a high-transaction volume environment.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: email@example.com quoting reference SK50144.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.