US Private Equity Firm
- £60,000 - £80,000 base plus bonus and package.
We're recruiting a Portfolio Manager on behalf of a leading, multi-strategy investment firm. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing the commercial analytics of the firm's portfolio companies.
This is a multi-faceted and commercial role which will interface with investors, the investment team, partners, portfolio company Finance Directors and senior leadership of the firm. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing ad hoc portfolio level financial and non-financial analysis;
- Building dashboards, KPIs and reports for presentation to firmwide senior leadership;
- Engaging with the investment team to develop an understanding of investment performance and other key measures to understand portfolio company performance;
- Ensuring data that is gathered from portfolio companies is relevant, accurate, robust and consistent;
- Preparation of portfolio committee packs and portfolio performance reporting packs;
- Advising on and maintaining internal ESG policies;
- Liaising with portfolio companies to investigate and confirm reporting on ESG matters; and
- Developing strong working relationships across the business and within the portfolio.
It is essential that the successful candidate comes from one of two candidate pools:
- ACA or CIMA qualified accountant within a 'big 4' (or potentially even top 6) accountancy practice firm. You'll most have likely have worked within corporate finance, M&A, transaction services, business modelling, financial / operational due diligence. It's not expected to suit someone from a pure audit background, but it could be someone who trained in audit before moving into a more commercial team.
- ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualified accountant employed in a portfolio reporting role within another private equity or investment management firm.
You must possess an excellent academic record, a commercial mindset and very strong Excel skills, a natural attention to detail and be communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. Moreover, you'll also need enough confidence to develop good working relationships internally and externally and fit into a collegiate, entrepreneurial and down-to-earth working culture.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.