- £70,000 - £90,000 base plus bonus and package.
Our client is a multi-strategy alternative investment fund.
This is a broad based controller role with has responsibilities which extend across both fund finance and investment support. Key tasks include:
- Reviewing and managing the quarterly accounts produced by the external administrators as well as contributing to the preparation of the investor reports for the LP funds;
- Reviewing the quarterly and annual fund accounts prepared by the administrators;
- Managing the annual audit of the LP funds;
- Responsible for management reporting for a Joint Venture entity internally and reporting to Joint Venture partner;
- Preparation of the Chairman’s statement and Managers’ report for the statutory report and accounts;
- Reviewing and contributing to quarterly board packs;
- Supporting the launch of new LP funds, particularly from both an Investor Relations and Fund Finance perspective;
- Working closely with the unquoted portfolio management team to produce six monthly valuations for investee companies for review and approval at the internal GH Valuation Committee meetings
- Liaising with the New Investment and Portfolio Management teams and lawyers with regards to new unquoted investments and realisations
- Maintain IRR models for the Limited Partnership Funds (actual and forecast); and
- Liaising with the CFO or FD of underlying portfolio companies to ensure alignment of income models on a regular basis
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a fund accounting background in private equity or alternative assets (i.e other investment firm with private equity or similar fund structures) and an excellent academic record.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SK50513.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.