Newly qualified ACA - Fund Finance Analyst
- £50,000 - £55,000 base plus package and bonus
We're representing a mainstream, well-established UK mid-market private equity firm. We're seeking to hire a newly qualified ACA from an accountancy practice firm. It will offer the appointee a broadly defined role with exposure to responsibilities across both fund finance and investment support.
The Fund Finance Analyst role is a broadly based fund accounting role with some commercial exposure. It's a great opportunity to develop a broad private equity skillset and an excellent entry into the industry, with a leading firm. Key responsibilities will include:
Accounting / Reporting:
- Reviewing quarterly financial statements for the funds and annual financial statements for subsidiaries prepared by the administrators
- Reviewing quarterly investor reports for the funds prepared by the administrators
- Liaising with the auditors regarding the audit of the annual accounts for the funds and all subsidiaries
- Working closely with the investment and portfolio company teams to produce valuations of investee companies
- Maintaining the returns models (actual and forecast) for all the Funds
- Liaising with the portfolio company Finance Directors regarding information provided by them for use in valuations and investor reporting to ensure that it is consistent and correct
- Preparation of regular cash flow forecasts for all funds to support drawdowns and repayment of funds to investors
- Responding to investor queries
- Preparation of KPIs and other metrics for presentation to the board
We're seeking a newly qualified ACA from either the London office of a big 4, mid-tier or small accountancy practice firm. In different ways, private equity / financial services audit experience is as beneficial as having accounts preparation experience. It is an essential requirement to have a strong academic record, an ACA qualification and keen desire to work in private equity.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: email@example.com quoting reference SK50529.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.