Financial Controller/Head of Finance
Private Equity Firm
- £80,000 - £110,000 base + good bonus potential
We're recruiting a Financial Controller on behalf of a successful and well established private equity firm.
Our client has been established for over ten years, raised and invested several funds and has been recognised repeatedly by industry bodies for successful fund performance and capital deployment. It has a great culture, loyal investor base and a record of developing existing staff. Moreover, it has exciting growth prospects with a sensible, well-reasoned strategy to deliver this, which has proven resilient in the current climate. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the firm's financial activities, and accounting function in respect to its management entities for its London headquarters and European subsidiaries;
- Manage, develop and lead a small finance team;
- Review the Group's financial reporting processes across its various jurisdictions and seek to create efficiencies and improvements on an on-going basis:
- Lead the preparation of the annual budgeting and forecasting procedures;
- Preparation and delivery of management information;
- Co-ordination of material for the board and other meetings;
- Working closely with the Fund Controller to understand the position of the firm's funds and investments and their impact upon the quarterly P&L, balance sheet and cash flow.
The appointee must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with an excellent academic record. You will be an experienced financial accountant, finance manager or financial controller from either another private equity firm or alternative assets fund. We would also consider a very high calibre ACA from an FTSE 250 firm.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SK51220.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.