Tax Associate - Newly Qualified
- c. £55,000 - £60,000 + bonus + package
We're looking to find a bright, newly qualified ACA or CTA from practice to join a very successful and well-established multi-strategy investment management firm.
This will be a broad role with a lof of exposure to various constituent parts of the Group. Key responsibilities will include:
- Day to day co-ordination and management of outsourced tax compliance providers and fund administrators for tax matters.
- Work collaboratively with the Funds Finance and Corporate Finance teams for the collation of information required for the preparation of underlying information relevant for tax reporting.
- Responsible for tax reporting to investors, predominantly UK and US but including other jurisdictions as required.
- Responsible for ensuring all tax returns are filed in a timely manner
- Responsible for the coordination and review of all withholding tax packages and building timetabled periodic updates as required.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to undertake the collation of requisite information to prepare and/ or review PAYE, VAT and Employment Related Securities filings..
- Work collaboratively and proactively with colleagues on the preparation and review of tax provisions in financial statements, including answering auditor questions on tax provisions / notes in financial statements, before seeking Head of Tax sign off.
- Provide input to the development of systems and procedures to allow taxation information to be readily available – ensuring best practice is always strived for.
- Support Head of Tax (and Legal as appropriate) with ad hoc tax related matters including deal related matters.
- Manage workflow and review daily tasks of the Tax Assistant.
The appointee will either be ACA or CTA qualified from a large or mid-tier practice firm having either qualified within, or moved into, tax. You may be newly qualified or have moved into a role out of practice and be looking to move into a larger firm. Exposure to private equity or infrastructure clients would be helpful, but not essential.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SK51218.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.