- £60,000 - £75,000 base plus package and bonus
We are recruiting a Financial Controller on behalf of a boutique investment management firm. The role is to provide financial, commercial and analytical support to the Chief Financial Officer as part of a broad remit. It's an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant who's made their first step into the industry to progress into a broad role with great scope for learning and development.
The appointee will undertake a broad range of responsibilities that will range from the more fundamental and routine to value-added commercial analysis - the successful candidate will comfortable with all aspects of the role. You will provide direct support to the Chief Financial Officers on most day-to-day matters across investments, operations, financial reporting, tax, compliance and audit. Example responsibilities include:
- ensuring strong financial controls are in place;
- maintenance and management of cash flows, liquidity and bank accounts;
- monitoring investment portfolio performance;
- research and analysis of investment opportunities;
- production of regular performance and financial reports;
- ad-hoc financial and tax analysis;
- supporting the annual audit process;
- liaising with tax advisors; and
- ensuring various tax and regulatory filing obligations are met in a timely and accurate manner.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (from either an audit, tax, or corporate finance background) who's made their first move into industry and is looking to progress into a broader role.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SK51342.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.