Global Asset Manager
- £90,000 - £100,000 base + bonus
We're recruiting a Financial Controller on behalf of a highly regarded, global asset manager with offices across the world. We are looking for an experienced, qualified accountant to join the London office which has oversight across a number of European offices. The successful candidate will be an experienced finance professional from asset management, private equity/alternatives or banking.
The role will offer a wide breadth of responsibilities - examples of day-to-day duties include:
- Responsible for advising on financial implications of transactions as they arise, accurately conveying a strong understanding of financial and accounting principles. The individual will draw upon their knowledge and experience to fulfil this function.
- Keeping up to date with all relevant accounting standards required across the business.
- Assistance in preparing timely, accurate and complete audited Financial Statements.
- Consolidating MI, budgets, forecasts and long term plans.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with all stakeholders both within Finance and throughout the Business.
- Assisting in developing, implementing and continuously improving internal systems processes and controls.
- Mentoring junior team members to enhance their performance.
The appointee must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with a strong academic record including a 2.1 degree from a good university. After gaining your qualification either in an audit firm or working in industry you must have gained financial accounting and financial control experience working in the finance team of an asset manager, bank or private equity firm. We expect the successful candidate will have at least 5-10 years post qualification experience.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SK51440.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for over 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.