Financial Controller and Finance Director Designate
- Competitive salary + bonus on a pro-rata basis
We're recruiting a Financial Controller on behalf of a leading private equity firm and are seeking an individual who can progress to become the firm's Finance Director. It's a reputable, well-established business, and the opportunity will suit a qualified accountant working in a PE finance team who is ambitious and motivated.
The role will have an initial focus on overseeing fund finance team with an additional focus on transaction support. Over time, management company finance will also become a key part of the role, and there will be a lot of scope for broadening out the depth and breadth of responsibilities. Key duties will include:
- oversight of the production of fund financial statements and quarterly valuations;
- managing the annual fund audit processes;
- oversight of the firm's Luxembourg entity from a finance perspective;
- assisting the investment team from a transaction support perspective, including with tax structuring, financing arrangements, exit waterfalls and the associated accounting;
- responsibility for fund performance reporting;
- maintenance of carried interest and co-investment schemes;
- leading, managing and developing the finance team; and
- providing ad-hoc support to the investor relations team on request.
The role has a huge potential and scope for development. Over time, you will be able to assume oversight of management company finance as you progress into the Finance Director role. Crucial to your success will be establishing the working relationship and trust of the Partnership and developing an excellent working knowledge of the firm's funds, investments and people.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant working in the finance team of a private equity/credit fund or other alternative asset manager in a Fund Controller or Financial Controller capacity. We could also consider an experienced a very high calibre, Senior Fund Accountant. Additionally, you must have an excellent academic record, attentiveness to detail and strong communication skills.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SK51459.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for over 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.