Group Chief Financial Officer
- Competitive, six figure salary + good bonus potential + LTIP
We've been appointed to find a Chief Financial Officer on behalf of a global asset management firm. The firm has several billion in assets under management and has grown significantly over the past ten years. Investment performance has been exceptional and this has laid the foundation for international expansion. The appointee will be an experienced Chief Financial Officer or Finance Director from the broader asset or investment management space.
The firm is on an exciting growth trajectory and expects to continue to expand significantly in terms of AUM, headcount and international locations over the next five to seven years. We are looking for an experienced professional to scale and deliver a finance function that is able to support this journey. This is a high-profile role, managing a large team and providing strategic input at board level. Example responsibilities include to:
- Lead the finance function, including the Fund Accounting team and Corporate Financial Control function
- Continue to build, develop and lead a high performing finance function
- Design and implement a robust system of financial controls, accounting procedures, supported by robust, scalable systems
- Develop financial performance plan, objectives and KPIs looking for opportunities to operate more efficiently, which align to wider business strategy
- Identify cost improvement opportunities, and providing guidance on how to manage costs and improve the bottom line
- Monthly reporting to the Board (and ad-hoc as required), ensuring full transparency over the company’s financial performance
- Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
- Support the Board with the preparation of monthly and annual financial plans and budgets
- Lead structuring and raising debt, looking at optimal finance and tax structures
The appointee will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) operating at the Finance Director, Chief Financial Officer, or Chief Operating Officer level within asset management. A demonstrable track record of scaling a finance function to ensure that it remains fit-for-purpose, robust and efficient to support a growth business is a 'must have'. Moreover, the successful candidate will have considerable experience in managing teams and possess excellent leadership, presentation and communication skills. You must be credible at board level with the ability to distil technical detail and complexity into plain English.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference SK51657.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.