- £55,000 - £65,000 + Package + Bonus
We're recruiting a Fund Accountant for a leading, international private equity firm. It is one of the longest established and most successful in the sector with an excellent investment record and blue-chip investor base. The successful candidate will be a bright, recently qualified ACA looking to make their first step into the industry in a finance team role with a strong commercial aspect.
Our client outsources its main accounting for their private equity funds to third-party administrators, which allows the Fund Finance team to focus on investor reporting, investment support and other commercial aspects in addition to reviewing the accounting output produced by the administrator. This allows the team to be focused on the 'value add' in broad roles that extend out beyond the confines of the pure accounting aspects. Examples of day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Helping to produce valuations packs of portfolio companies for review and approval at the internal Valuation Committee meeting
- Liaising with the Portfolio team with respect to new investments and exits
- Maintaining the fund IRR models
- Preparation of KPI and performance schedules for presentation to the Board
- Creating and updating the income models for the funds
- Review of the periodic fund accounting produced by the third-party administrators
- Review quarterly investor reports, working closely with the investor relations team
We are looking for a newly qualified ACA, ACCA/CIMA or equivalent from an audit background with a desire to start a career in private equity and a strong academic record.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference SK52051.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for over 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see: www.walkerhamill.com.