Private Equity - Social Impact & Sustainability
- £75,000 - £85,000 base salary + bonus + package
We are recruiting a qualified accountant with financial accounting experience to join a social impact investor based in London. Our client was established in the early 2000s and has a long track record of investing successfully in organisations that have had a positive social impact and helped drive a sustainable economy. Our client has delivered on its commitments through a combination of philanthropy and economically viable investments and is a clear leader in its field. It is a great place to work with a warm, low-ego and inclusive culture, company off-sites (such as ski trips) and a strong commitment to developing people within the organisation.
The appointee will join an established team and support the Head of Finance with respect to all aspects of financial and management reporting for the LLP. Example responsibilities will include:
- Ongoing financial management of the corporate accounts.
- Preparation and review of monthly management accounts and reporting pack for relevant entities.
- Leading the annual budget process.
- Preparation of annual consolidated accounts.
- Review and submission of annual financial statements.
- Leading the year-end corporate audit.
- Managing the annual UK tax reporting process, including corporation tax, group tax relief and partnership tax for relevant partnerships.
- Review and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
- Principal point of contact for professional advisers, including but not limited to; auditors, lawyers, tax advisers.
- Management and development of two direct reports.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant operating as a Financial or Management Accountant in an investment management firm. We could also consider a good Financial Accountant from the wider Financial Services industry, or a corporate company set up as an LLP.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference SK52246.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for over 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see: www.walkerhamill.com.