Group Financial Controller
- £90,000 - £130,000 base plus bonus
Our client is a private equity firm focused on global infrastructure investments. It is about to close a fund in excess of €1bn and they are looking to strengthen the finance team. The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with group financial control experience and a Financial Services' background.
The Group Financial Controller will be responsible for co-ordinating and overseeing the management and financial accounting for London and various European subsidiaries. Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- End-to-end oversight of all aspects of corporate accounting and FP&A across the Group
- Manage and provide supervision to the Corporate Accountant and monitor the work of the accounting teams in the other jurisdictions
- Preparation and presentation of monthly management accounts and reporting pack, including group consolidated accounts and review work prepared by Corporate Accountant and accounting teams
- Preparation of the UK based Corporate entities financial statements, liaising with auditors and management
- Drive the execution of the various transfer-pricing arrangements
- Cash management oversight including the coordination of the accounts payable and receivable processes, cash forecasts, review of team expense claims and FX policies
- Support preparation of the budget and supporting materials for Budget Committee
- Drive corporate tax reporting (including corporation and partnership tax), monthly VAT reporting, PSA and P11D, engaging directly with tax advisors as required
- Ensure statutory and regulatory returns are filed on time
- Identify opportunities and lead ad-hoc projects to improve efficiencies, such as new systems or new processes
We're looking for a qualified accountant with experience in a group finance function, ideally within a Financial Services business.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Sean Keyes: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference SK52656.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for over 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see: www.walkerhamill.com.